Pinpoint 3700 Troll Mtr ( NEW specific questions)

RobDar

Petty Officer 3rd Class
okay...my father in laws new ( used) boat PinPoint 3700 trolling motor. This is one of " dem 'der fancy gadgits thingies" I have never paid any attention to...so I just do not know anything about them...

First...does anyone know where I might find a manual for one of these things? maybe someone who has a manual I can pay them to have photo copied?

Second...it is a 12/24 V motor...so is that X amount of thrust at 12V and 2X amount of thrust at 24V??? does the voltage have an effect on the thrust?

Third...my father inlaws says..."well maybe once we get some batteries in there the set up will be self explainitory"...I thought to myself as I stared at the 20 or so buttons on the sonar unit and the 6 buttons on the motor..."Ummmm, not really hopeful about that" Anyone on here who could help us through the set up and functions on this beast if we need it?

jdykes1470

Recruit
Re: Pinpoint 3700 Troll Mtr ( NEW specific questions)

they are 24 volt only and i know they have to be submerged to operate((it will not run out of the water))i have one with all the hook ups but no screen just what is on the head i havent found a book or figured out all the button either but i can turn on the back lighting and it will read temp.and depth.

Patrick Wheeler

Recruit
Re: Pinpoint 3700 Troll Mtr ( NEW specific questions)

I have both the quick users guide and the operator manual. send me an email address and i will send it to you