Gaskets for R/R Mercruiser Motor / Outdrive

MercMonster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Have finally got the money together for replacing the motor and getting ready to pull the outdrive once I find out what gaskets I'll need to get everything back together. I'm pretty sure I've IDed the outdrive as pre-alpha with the hump on the top of the outdrive with the hole in it. Are there any other mercruiser outdrives with the hump and hole? What gaskets do I need for the replacement project? From what I've found I think I need Sierra # 18-2614 for the outdrive gasket? [I'm wanting to also replace the impeller while the outdrive is disassembled. What part number should I search for when looking for this part and seals?] Anything else I should do when I'm into this project?

95yj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Gaskets for R/R Mercruiser Motor / Outdrive

Boat year, model, manufacturer, engine displacement, engine model, serial number from engine, serial number from outdrive all go a long way towards being able to answer your questions intelligently.

Serial numbers will usually tell you exactly what model outdrive and engine your have and therefore tell you what parts, gaskets, etc. you need.