New to site

eddie73

Recruit
I have a 70 hp 1973 chrysler model #707hf serial# 20092.After reading through hundreds of posts I discovered that it was a 73,my question is can you have a motor that was built on the edge of a model year my plug wires read 72 the side of the carbs read 72 I don't know if that was just by chance. The reason I ask is I am getting ready to buy parts and want to make sure that I get the right ones...
Motor sat for about 4 years, after a little TLC I got it started,ran good on muffs trottled up great,took it to the lake yesterday unloaded ,started up,went to put in gear and it stalled,adjusted on mixture screw turned each out about 2 turns and it didn,t stall but would just barely go.after reading lots of posts about fuel pump I removed it and the diaphram is not split but it is hard and difficult to move I am going to replace does anyone have anyother things I should check after this,Thanks for any help...

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: New to site

Go by the model number when you buy parts. They outsourced parts like carbs from Tillotsen so the carbs could have been cast in 72 and used in 73. You may have trouble with most marine dealers not listing an engine that old and telling you that you can not get parts. However, as a three cylinder, virtually everything is identical to the 75 and 85 HP models. When you do go to buy parts, there is an old engine site--maybe someone else will jump in with the address-- or you can try franz marine at the Chrysler Crew. Most important parts are still available if you look hard.