1983 johnson hard starting especially after high rpm run

vickersfan

Cadet
hi i have an 83 15hp johnson that will run great but after a run at full throttle and then shutting down for a length of time it wont start and then ended up flooded. i notice i have good flow through the tell tale at low speed but havent checked it at high speed.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1983 johnson hard starting especially after high rpm run

what are your starting procedures. exactly. let's see if it's operator error or equipment. usually operator.

vickersfan

Cadet

hi thanks for the response, i usually pull the choke when cold and squeeze the bulb till solid then pull till it starts. then anger sets in and it gets flooded probably from too many bulb squeezes after pulling for awhile

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

when warm try a couple of pulls with out choke or pumping first. you're flooding it. should not have to choke more than 3 pulls when cold. then without choke.

vickersfan

Cadet

hi again.

thanks for the tips it was me all along, and the fuel line detent on the tank was broke causing pressure loss or vaccum loss. now alls i need is the pull cord recoil spring system replaced. any ideas on how to get parts lists on this motor?
thanks again and you were a life saver i was getting pretty upset with that motor.