How do I correctly fold a bimini?

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander
I own 2 bimini tops, but don't know how to fold them. One came folded (found it at the dump - in perfect condition, and neatly folded) but I didn't check to see how it was folded when undoing it. I never bothered to fix it, as the boat it is going on is nonworking. The other came unfolded, and we never really used it much. We are taking it to NC with us next week, and I would like to have it neater to make the long trip. (Don't want to look like a newbie in the BPS parking lot:D) Normally we would wad it around the poles, and put a ratchet strap around it and the trailer (In the down position of course). Looks sloppy.
How do I fold it?

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: How do I correctly fold a bimini?

I didn't know you could fold them. I just let mine down and it wads up as it pleases.

BTW, we Tarheel boaters will be on the lookout for a Georgia "cracker" with a neatly folded bimini. The word is out.;);)

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

You should see the redneck wiring on this boat.:D With us, it doesn't really matter what it looks like, but I don't want it flapping itself to death.
The wiring was intended to get us through later that night, but it stuck with us for a few months. It is an old extension cord from bow to stern, and has toggle switches just hanging, all wrapped in electrical tape. Everything is connected with twist connectors, covered in tape. It will get changed someday, but it works.:D
The TM mount is sorta improvised up, but any good engineer would be incredibly proud of that particular bit of ingenuity. It is amazing what you think up at 1:00 in the morning before a fishing trip.
The Don't want to look like a newbie at the BPS was more of a joke. I consider myself a redneck, and if you were to visit my house, you probably would agree.:D
I do believe us rednecks in tinnies all fixed up with "southern ingenuity" can catch as many fish as guys in big bass rigs - well 'cept for me, I can't seem to get the "catching" part of fishing down.

BTW, what part of NC ya from? We are staying in Newland, which is just yonder from Boone. The BPS is in Sevierville TN, so I would actually fit in perfectly.:D

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

So you are saying everybody does it like PBill and me? Come on, somebody knows how to fold it.

Coors

Captain

Ga redneck, and you can't fold?
Hell, us north Florida rednecks still win.
Go UF

ricksrster

Commander

I wad my up and put a boot on it the Yankee way.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Well durn, mine didn't come with a boot, but it was folded. I give up!

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class

BB1, I'm outside Charlotte not too far from where I was born. Most folks aren't from there anymore, if you know what I mean. I grew up with Lake Norman. Fished there a lot as a kid.

BTW, my new 4 bow bimini I got from iboats didn't come with a boot either so my wife says she's going to make me one. I don't like the idea of mine flopping around underway either. It stays put when running in the aft stowed position but I keep having the feeling it might pop open like a parachute. LOL!