Buy A Good Wakeboard!!!

fourwinnsdook

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok, so i'm new to the whole wakeboard thing. I grew up on the water, but mostly fishing. I just bought a ski boat, and wen to the marine store to buy a wakeboard... Man these things are expensive. i paid 200.00 for the cheaoest one i could fins (obrian "system") well, a friend of mine that has ridden before got on it first. His first crash he breaks it in two. we take it back get a bigger one. i try to get up can't do it. i give up. He goes again. first wreck he breaks it. So i called obrian and complained till no tomorrow, and they finally agreed to give me a better one if i broke another. I just went and bought a better one. But i got up the first time on the new one so i'm happy!

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Buy A Good Wakeboard!!!

you should buy a board according to your weight and height ... liquidforce is best ...

johnson1989

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have never seen one break before how big is your buddy???

Lucrestyle

Petty Officer 3rd Class

it is clear to me from your story either you were wakeboarding on rocks or you buddy has no idea how to wakeboard. In all my wakeboarding experience i have never seen anyone break a board on the water, rails, docks yes, but never on the water, post some pics of these broken boards for us to see.

fourwinnsdook

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The board(s) he broke were the O'brian System, you can see them on there web site. They are an entry level board and they apear to be made out of some sort of ABS crap. Not composite and fiberglass like the rest. he is 170lbs , and the first board was a 137.The second board was a 140 and it still broke. Those boards should have held him no problem. It was in the middle of a lake, with no rocks rails or anything to hit except water. I called O'brian and they said they had gotten a few reports of them breaking. The new one i bought is the "oasis" so far so good. I heard liquid force was the best, but they are alot more expensive also. I'm happy with the new one so far. UPDATE: i called O'brian yesterday to ***** some more and they are sending me some free stuff for my troubles!