I need specs and help

sdpotter

Recruit
I purchased and OLD but in good shape 17' center console (I think it is a 1986). It was originally miss-classified but i recently found a plaque behind a cushion that says it is a sportcraft "fisherman". It has a 75hp 1995 force engine on it, a 13 gal in-hull gas tank. All in all a nice boat but some interesting problems I hope than someone can help me with. 1. The plate with all the specs is so weathered I can't read it. 2. The deck is suppose to be self-bailing but the holes in the transom are below the water line and therefore I have to plug the holes. The boat seems very diffucult to get into plane (Engine fully trimmed and hyrdofoils on the engine). Seems quite back heavy (hence the selfbail problem) Once in plane it moves well. If someone can help I would be appreciative!!!!

fishhawk123

Recruit
Re: I need specs and help

I'll be purchasing a 91 sportcraft 180 18'cc fishmaster this week or next at latest. It might be that the foam floatation is waterlogged and nearest I can say that I've read, is that u have to remove the old foam flotation and replace it with newer closed cell foam. I dont know if that is ur prob or not. Go to the boat blue books online and book out ur boat. A boat ur age will show a book value with or without the standard outboard' HP. This way u can at least tell the outboard u have is within ballpark of what's on it now.
I have emailed sportcraft my self a week ago and am waiting to see what help they will be or can be. If the model is close to mine it has a back end that slants down towards the transom. They tend to sit low in the back and are heavy solid boats or so I've read. Can u tell where the normal waterline is? Does it sit below the normal waterline? These might be clues as to a flotation prob. Go onto the normal boat forum and ask more experienced about the problem and I know u will get some good help.
Tight Lines
Walt