It looks like the candidate who....

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
....can't quite decide whether he is a Liberal or a Conservative, is on his way out.

Finances force second McCain shake-up
One-time front-runner comes in third in GOP second-quarter fundraising

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19562838/

Personally, I'd love to love him but he has made that soooooooo difficult!:(

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: It looks like the candidate who....

"Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" was enough, then there was his shopping spree in the green zone in a flak (I spelled it right ;)) jacket and helicopter gunships hovering overhead claiming he felt safe. Those two alone wrote his presidential epitaph. Jimmy Carter could've beat him after those.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

"Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" was enough, then there was his shopping spree in the green zone in a flak (I spelled it right ;)) jacket and helicopter gunships hovering overhead claiming he felt safe. Those two alone wrote his presidential epitaph. Jimmy Carter could've beat him after those.

Hmmmmm? I see you have your rose colored glasses on.:p

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Face it, Boomy.....
The Rehubs are going down in 2008.......;)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Face it, Boomy.....
The Rehubs are going down in 2008.......;)

If John McCain is the best example of a Republican, then I would agree with you. As much as I'd just love to see you saddled with Hillary, methinks that she stands as much of a chance as a snowball in Haites.

But then again, maybe you deserve Barak Osama bin Obama. You think things are not going your way in Martin Luther King County now? Hold on to your hat!:p;):D

Coors

Captain

McCain ain't going to be the man.
Fred Thompson is moving on in.

bekosh

Lieutenant

I'm so happy to see this. McCain is the one Republican that I could never vote for. Not since he decided to get in bed with Flaky Feingold to give us the McCain-Feingold Incumbant Protection Act.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I'm so happy to see this. McCain is the one Republican that I could never vote for. Not since he decided to get in bed with Flaky Feingold to give us the McCain-Feingold Incumbant Protection Act.

Very astute bekosh.;) Like I said. the poor guy cannot figure out where he stands, and when he does take one (often time) it turns out like the Amnesty Act or the Campaign Finance Reform Bill.

I tell ya, parties aside, the national legislature is like a rogue bull. It's just simply gonna go where it wants to regardless of reason.:(

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

McCain ain't going to be the man.
Fred Thompson is moving on in.

Well Coors, at least for the moment. Rehubs (myself included) are so desperate for a Conservative to stand up and uphold conservative values, we are now grasping for straws. Thompson has not even declared his candidacy yet.

There is a lot of time for things to shake out. Let's just hope that we don't get another disappointment like GW.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Newt? Bah! That creep doesn't deserve squat! He bailed on his constituents by quitting his post even after being reelected after getting the boot as Speaker. He'd bail on the Presidency and US just as fast. Newt for Nothing! Nothing is more than he deserves and the only thing I'd vote for him to get! Look-up the term "cry baby" and you'll see Newt's picture. Newt Gingrich, wutta joke. Walter Mondale could beat Newt Gingrich. If that's your best hope, the Republican party is doomed to oblivion. I'd almost rather have a crook than a quitter. At least a crook might show some cajones in a national crisis. Baby Newt would just find a hole to hide in and sic his lackies on the bad guys. Newt for Prez? Gimme a bucket. I gotta puke.

Coors

Captain

Newt? Bah! That creep doesn't deserve squat! He bailed on his constituents by quitting his post even after being reelected after getting the boot as Speaker. He'd bail on the Presidency and US just as fast. Newt for Nothing! Nothing is more than he deserves and the only thing I'd vote for him to get! Look-up the term "cry baby" and you'll see Newt's picture. Newt Gingrich, wutta joke. Walter Mondale could beat Newt Gingrich. If that's your best hope, the Republican party is doomed to oblivion. I'd almost rather have a crook than a quitter. At least a crook might show some cajones in a national crisis. Baby Newt would just find a hole to hide in and sic his lackies on the bad guys. Newt for Prez? Gimme a bucket. I gotta puke.

Willy; you couldn't vote for anyone that believes in the Constitution as written.So why the diatribe on Newt?
Does he scare you? (the last I saw, he wasn't running)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Fred Thompson hasn't announced his candidacy either. In fact he even said he doesn't want to be President, he just wants to be able to do the things a President can do. Considering the liberties the current office holder has taken, I have to be concerned about that. My hope is that his intentions are purely honorable, but he has a long road ahead of him to dissuade fears of such opportunism should he choose to run.

Newt comes up as a late entry almost as much as Fred. I have no question about his intelligence and command of the subject, just that his commitment to fulfill the duties of the office leaves me in serious doubt given his history. Not to mention that his tenure as Speaker left a very bad taste in my mouth given that his allegance to the party far exceeded his allegance to his constituents. I originally applauded his becoming speaker, but it wasn't long before he proved my optomism to be misplaced. Gridlock Gingrich! A whole lot of Nothing was accomplished back then. But maybe that's better than being rubber-stamped into emperor status.

Kalifornyakid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, there ya have it!
If Willy don't like him he must be worth a vote. Newt for prez!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I want to be president just so I can use AF1. I'd farm out the rest of the job.