The running joke of big oil

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287366,00.html

I was under the understanding that the gas crunch was due to the lack of "NEW" capacity, seem's they have had it moth balled the whole time. And our governing body does nothing........what kind of people do we elect im at a total loss.

Ohh damm missed this, of course it make's sense

Energy analysts have said refiners have been having trouble producing high-quality fuels from their aging plants, and may also be facing problems scheduling contractors to do regular turnaround work.

Ahhh now im really enlightned

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287340,00.html

Oil Prices Move Above $70

While U.S. crude stocks nationwide rose by 1.6 million barrels to a nine-year high, the drop at Cushing has supported gains for U.S. crude prices and helped narrow their discount to Brent to below $1 a barrel.

JRJ

Commander
Re: The running joke of big oil

My oil stock has gone up during the last year. Wish I had more.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

You call it "moth balled" others call it preventive maintence.

If you owned a gun factory, would you make 100 guns per day and sell them at 10 dollars a piece, or make 80 guns per day and sell them at 13 dollars a piece.

Refiners can control supply at their whim, but at a cost of letting the other guy cash in, or cause a recession, which is bad in the long term.

You can rest easy now, they are back to making thier regular 10% profit.

Ken

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

If you owned a gun factory, would you make 100 guns per day and sell them at 10 dollars a piece, or make 80 guns per day and sell them at 13 dollars a piece.

Refiners can control supply at their whim, but at a cost of letting the other guy cash in, or cause a recession, which is bad in the long term.

Ken
About time they stopped robbing the publics eyeballs out.....:cool:
I think 10% is too much.......;)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Ken

Good example...............plz show me any gun mfg in the history of business that was able to pull off that feat and survive...........

If you read the article you would state they shut down plants's during peak season and the opened up old plants that were shut down... There position is indefensible