What say you now John Edwards?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Is the war on terrror still just a bumper sticker slogan?

It appears that the several attempts with car bombs in England and Scotland were the work of Islamic Terrorists.

I think I'll pass on voting for him for my Commander and Chief.;)

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: What say you now John Edwards?

We need Rainbow Six!! I am serious. We need some multi-national, bad arse mo fos, with no rules, who just hunt these guys down and kill 'em. Every time, no exceptions . . .

Oh, uh . . . I don't mean Edwards . . . Sorry.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

We need Rainbow Six!! I am serious. We need some multi-national, bad arse mo fos, with no rules, who just hunt these guys down and kill 'em. Every time, no exceptions . . .

Oh, uh . . . I don't mean Edwards . . . Sorry.
I've said that all along, untie some hands and let them have at it.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

"The War On Terror" is just a bumper sticker slogan as it relates to Iraq. Terrorism was around long before and it will be around long after. It is not exclusive to any one ideology. It can be a wacko environmentalist, it can be a wacko anti-abortionist. It can be an IRA bomber in London, it can be a KKK bomber in Louisiana. It can be an anti-war activist bombing a campus ROTC facility, it can be a former US soldier bombing a federal building in Oklahoma.

Edwards was referring to the Neocon relentless pursuit to tie Islam and Iraq into an EXCLUSIVE definition of Terrorist. In the Neocon mind, Terrorist = Islam = Iraq = Saddam Hussein = Osama Bin Laden = Afghanistan = Al Qaeda = 911. The Bush Administration has spent the last several years grinding that into the minds of anyone that is gullable enough to believe it. Kinda like Nazis did regarding Jews and the KKK does regarding anyone that isn't snow-white.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Right.. They call them "insurgents" as opposed to alqueda, hamas, Iranians, talaban, or gihaadists, right? A blanket term, right? Maybee we can fool em again, right?
No thank you.. I'm not buying Edward's vision of the real world.... But knock yerself out, Willy :D :D

Yeeeeeahhh!! :D Still cracks me up 3 years later :D

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Whats not to believe when they tell us daily that they are going to kill us all soon as they can just figure out how.

Coors

Captain

I am waiting for the changing of minds, when we get hit again, which is coming.
They promised that, and promised to kill us, or en-slave us.
But, the Democrats believe in putting us into tax-slavery, so I guess any slavery makes a Dem feel warm all over...

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Coors,

It's not about being fair with liberals, it's about being equal.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Is the war on terrror still just a bumper sticker slogan?

It appears that the several attempts with car bombs in England and Scotland were the work of Islamic Terrorists.

I think I'll pass on voting for him for my Commander and Chief.;)

If they blew up his hair dresser's place then it would be a real war to him!:eek:
The guys a loser, and so naive it's scary.

PW2

Commander

There's no question there are terrorists in this world. OBL, whom we apparently forgot about, is alive and well and probably living in Pakistan.

As Willie suggested, Iraq is not the "central front" on the war on terror. Iraq is in a civil war.

There is AlQaida in Iraq now, no doubt, since we invaded, and their ranks are no doubt growing worldwide.

It's not enough to be strong against the terrorists, we also have to be smart as well. So far we have been neither. That's what Edwards was referring to, and he was correct.

Coors

Captain

There's no question there are terrorists in this world. OBL, whom we apparently forgot about, is alive and well and probably living in Pakistan.

As Willie suggested, Iraq is not the "central front" on the war on terror. Iraq is in a civil war.

There is AlQaida in Iraq now, no doubt, since we invaded, and their ranks are no doubt growing worldwide.

It's not enough to be strong against the terrorists, we also have to be smart as well. So far we have been neither. That's what Edwards was referring to, and he was correct.

So, we should abandon Irag, with proven El-Q in there, and attack Pakistan?
Can you run that by Reid and Paloski first?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

If they blew up his hair dresser's place then it would be a real war to him!:eek:
The guys a loser, and so naive it's scary.

He's such a wuss that he sends his wife out to beg Ann Coulter to quit being so mean.

Yeah, he's sure the guy we need to run this country. He'd send his wife out to beg the Islamic terrorists to leave us alone.:p

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think I'll puke when Edwards trots out the dead child and cancerous boobs ... again!

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

"The War On Terror" is just a bumper sticker slogan as it relates to Iraq. Terrorism was around long before and it will be around long after. It is not exclusive to any one ideology. It can be a wacko environmentalist, it can be a wacko anti-abortionist. It can be an IRA bomber in London, it can be a KKK bomber in Louisiana. It can be an anti-war activist bombing a campus ROTC facility, it can be a former US soldier bombing a federal building in Oklahoma.

Edwards was referring to the Neocon relentless pursuit to tie Islam and Iraq into an EXCLUSIVE definition of Terrorist. In the Neocon mind, Terrorist = Islam = Iraq = Saddam Hussein = Osama Bin Laden = Afghanistan = Al Qaeda = 911. The Bush Administration has spent the last several years grinding that into the minds of anyone that is gullable enough to believe it. Kinda like Nazis did regarding Jews and the KKK does regarding anyone that isn't snow-white.

Christ Willy why do you reach so much, like it nor not, and i do detest the Bush admin.........They were dead spot on in this war effort.......big money does not make mistake's in affair's of this kind, it's just a number's game and like it or not

PW2

Commander

So, we should abandon Irag, with proven El-Q in there, and attack Pakistan?
Can you run that by Reid and Paloski first?

With Neo con thinking and analysis like that like, it's no wonder we are losing this "war on terror"

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

How can we be losing a war that's only a slogan?

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

You didn't see the quotes around war on terror? Methane caused eye damage too?