Need year for Evinrude motor

dukhnter8

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,
I'm trying to find the year of an Evinrude 55hp with a model no. 557730 and serial number E 0005xxx. Does this use a mix and what ratio? I am thinking of converting this to a tiller is that possible and do you know where I might be able to get parts.
Thanks

mav6759

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need year for Evinrude motor

Dukhnter8,

I don't know if you found the year of your motor, but I will tell you what I found. The correct model number for your motor is E55773D, that is a 1977 55hp evinrude according to the book. Evinrude first made a 55hp in 1976 which the numbers are lower then the one you have, and that was the E44 ser.
The next ser. made were the E55 ser. in 1977. and the numbers go up from there. the next ser. is the E66 which that is to high from the numbers you provided from your motor. P.S. Johnson and evinrude has this system to figure out the hp and year of their motors.

E=Evinrude 55=hp 77=the year the 3D means something, I have to look in the book again for that.

Mav6759

dukhnter8

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the info it helps I am going to order the books for this motor. Do you know what the oil mix should be? I am going to assume it might be the standard 50:1.

L BROWN

Recruit

Thanks for the info it helps I am going to order the books for this motor. Do you know what the oil mix should be? I am going to assume it might be the standard 50:1.
Should be 50:1 on the fuel and the 3d at the end of your model# ,the 3 should be for 3 cylinders.