SS Prop Comparision

Tcrum5711

Seaman
Current data:
Lund Explorer 1800 SS
'03 Suzuki DT150 2nd highest mounting hole
5500 WOT, 21p Ballistic, 54.2 mph by GPS

I know the Ballistic isn't the first choice for many, but it seemed like a good price. I really don't have any complaints about the setup since it really works nice but since like a lot of us on this forum, we have to much time to think about getting better performance. Hole shot is good and top speed is about 3-4 mph better than data I've seen on test data and even put a few phone calls to Lund engineering. I've been intrigued by the Merc Tempest Plus on how many people have talked it up and how it's performed. I'd like to hear some input on how it might affect my setup. I've seen a couple 21p & 23p come across ebay lately so price really wouldn't affect anything. Since my motor isn't a Johnny, 'Rude or a Merc, prop selection is kinda narrowed. Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

rndn

Commander
Re: SS Prop Comparision

I had a 4 blade stiletto and loved it. It's available on this site and several others. I was thrilled with the performance aspects of the prop. Better hole shot, top end increased by 5mph, better handling, and better fuel economy.

Tcrum5711

Seaman

I've seen that prop recommended a lot. Never had any experience or know of anyone with it.

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer

I wouldn't touch anything, your boat is screaming for heavy 18' lund with a 150hp on the back.

Tcrum5711

Seaman

It's probably even a little faster since that was going across a smaller lake close to home and I had to slow down before she really settled in. I'd like to get it on Mille Lacs on a calm day to see what it'll do for a couple of miles.