Immigration Bill Dead.. Good.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Immigration Bill Dead.. Good.

Now, if we could just do the same for the illegal immigrants.....;)

OldMercsRule

Captain

Hope they get real REAL busy buildin' the fence (that was authorized last year). Kickin' the can down the road for purely political reasons as they are doin' now, like they did with Social Security never is good if the problem at hand continues to compound which this does with porus borders and 'sacturary cities'. I don't think fears of who wins elections in 2008 or beyond should be a reason to back away from any difficult issue that does need a real decision banged out. I did not like the perminant legal status provision of the current deal, but why do we even have politicians if they can't legislate on crutial issues? They seem pretty worthless to me if all they can do is pork barrel deals here and there to raise taxes and pad their own little nests and assure THEIR relection. Screw them: equal opportunity bash here: a pox on all of 'em!!! My $.02, JR

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Hope they get real REAL busy buildin' the fence (that was authorized last year). Kickin' the can down the road for purely political reasons as they are doin' now, like they did with Social Security never is good if the problem at hand continues to compound which this does with porus borders and 'sacturary cities'. I don't think fears of who wins elections in 2008 or beyond should be a reason to back away from any difficult issue that does need a real decision banged out. I did not like the perminant legal status provision of the current deal, but why do we even have politicians if they can't legislate on crutial issues? They seem pretty worthless to me if all they can do is pork barrel deals here and there to raise taxes and pad their own little nests and assure THEIR relection. Screw them: equal opportunity bash here: a pox on all of 'em!!! My $.02, JR
I agree.....
I fergit who said that they can build thousands of miles in Texas every year to keep the cows in, but the Fed has not been willing or able to do it in 200 years.......
Now that 'Manifest Destiny' has been accomplished, & the U.S. will not grow any more land-wise, it is time to close the barn door.....;)

OldMercsRule

Captain

I agree.....
I fergit who said that they can build thousands of miles in Texas every year to keep the cows in, but the Fed has not been willing or able to do it in 200 years.......
Now that 'Manifest Destiny' has been accomplished, & the U.S. will not grow any more land-wise, it is time to close the barn door.....;)

Yup: Bro. Thought you'd agree with me on this one, now about the weather, why all the darn rain? :D:D JR

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Dead FOR NOW. These people will get their way if they have to wait 10years! Stay "frosty", watch yer six, and never let kennedy out of your sights. ;)

ricksrster

Commander

Lock the door first, No reform is going to work while people are still wandering in.

rogerwa

Commander

I agree with the elimination of sanctuary cities. This is goofy.. If you are illegal, you know the rules just like the rest of us. Why should you get a break for knowingly breaking a law. Often these sanctuarly rules apply while breaking another law.

We have laws on our books, lets start by enforcing them. lets shut down and control the borders, and then talk about reform.

I do not think we have to wave a magic wand and fix the problem (ship them all out or provide amnesty). Our existing laws will stem the tide through attrition, although not completly, and will send a message that once the border is crossed it is not a safe haven. Reform needs to be a strategy to deal with the existing illegals, not an overnight solution. Earning citizenship is an admirable goal and a path should be cleared for those who would be assets (asset is not defined to be scientist or DR, it is contribution and willingness to provide for yourself and assimilate) to our country. We should not provide that path for criminals or leaches. this has to be well defined to counter any liberal emotion based decsion making.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

You know something must be drastically out of whack when you have illegals marching openly in the street demanding their rights. I say that this, now defeated, immigration bill is just one example of a legislature run amok.

In this specific case we have allowed ourselves to be overrun by a bunch of lawbreakers who are only here for the money and in the main have no interest in becoming Americans. They continue to cling to and demand a culture that is the prime reason they have had to come here in the first place. Now I say that people who are that stupid would not make good Americans anyway. Most all other immigrant waves (legal, I might add and including Hispanics) were made up of people who wanted to be a part of the great American experience.

It won't be fixed until we get rid of career politicians and all their perks. Oh, and I forgot to mention, we need to also dump the liberals who insist on teaching these people in their own language and who continue to give them all forms of welfare.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Ok Cornservatives: pat yerselves on the back. The largest, (by far) part of the margin of 11/2006 Democrat victory was the fact that Hispanics stopped voting fer Republicans anywhere near the margins that the Republicans got in 2000, 2002, 2004. Had the same margins held: the Repubs would not have lost either house: just a few seats. Ponder this fact a bit while yer celibratin' yer victory here!!!!!! Remember: Mrs. Jones: there is a double standard out there. Heads you loose tails you loose, courtesy: MSM.

Now that the MSM has again defined Republicans as: the ones that are the mean ones, Hispanics now hate their guts, (regardless that many Dems n' Libs were not happy either with the reform package where they wanted quicker voting rights and quicker, easier perminant status for those that the see illegals as their ticket to decades of political power). This is not a very warm and fuzzy thing here. Ted Kennedy has been very important to the "browning of America" with anchor baby provisions and very well thought out institutionalized acceptence of lawlessness to tilt the political table in favor of greater and greater benifits to hook more and more perminant Dem victims. It has worked remarkably well.

Remember Abe Lincoln was a Republican, and the majortiy of Republicans voted for civil rights in 1964 against Southern Democrats opposed to passage. Yet: 90% plus of all black voters vote reliably Democrat. So congradulations: Politicians now can go back to takin' pork outa yer pocket to make sure they get relected. If we have a Dem President and both houses are Dem in 2009 ya think we can get a better immagration bill? Cornservatism is not a mental disorder, so maybe ya can ponder letting the worthless pols off the hook here, so we really get the screwing we diserve in 2009 eh? My $.02. JR

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Oh, and I forgot to mention, we need to also dump the liberals who insist on teaching these people in their own language and who continue to give them all forms of welfare.

I would've been disappointed if you hadn't added that.

What struck me was the mixture of Yea/Nay votes. None of the senators seemed to be towing any particular party line. In addition, this was Bush's bill, in concert with Kennedy? Now that's a pair.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I would've been disappointed if you hadn't added that. Glad I could accomodate BB:D

What struck me was the mixture of Yea/Nay votes. None of the senators seemed to be towing any particular party line. In addition, this was Bush's bill, in concert with Kennedy? Now that's a pair. Yeah, what's this world coming to when you can't tell Kennedy from Bush:rolleyes::p

xxx

rolmops

Vice Admiral

So now that it is dead. Is there anybody out there who has a workable solution for all the ones who are here already? Remember I say workable.
The only reason why they came is because there is a need for them,as in supply and demand of labor, which is one of the principles of economics
To get mad is fine,now let's hear how you think that you can solve this illegal immigration pickle.
Oh by the way,I wonder if being a neocon is a mental disorder.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

So now that it is dead. Is there anybody out there who has a workable solution for all the ones who are here already? Remember I say workable.
The only reason why they came is because there is a need for them,as in supply and demand of labor, which is one of the principles of economics
To get mad is fine,now let's hear how you think that you can solve this illegal immigration pickle.

Well building the 700 plus miles of fence that was passed in the fall needs to be done first.
Enforce the the laws on the books, go after employers and fine them to the max. No jobs, many will leave.
No sanctuary cities. Pull federal funding if they are.
The ones that are contacted by LEO for any reason, Deport them. Hold them in tent cities like the sheriff in NM has his jail.
Here in Nebraska, after the raid on the meat packing industry, applications from LEGAL Americans poured in. So folks will do the work, but the employer wants cheap labor.
Liberalism is the disease that is destroying the country. To much feel good, can't hurt feelings BS. If families are separated, so sorry, that's the chance they took by breaking OUR laws. What about the families that are separated by a drug dealer or killer going to jail? They all broke the LAW.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Yeah, give a temporary legal status to all who are here now, Keyword: Temporary non voting, and force all Americans to have a high tech ID card that employers can count on prior to employing anyone. Build the FENCE ASAP! Once they get in line fer their cards deport all gangsters n' criminals imeadiately without any mercy, regardless of anchor children. So the burden of authenticating residence is on the nanny government, and employers to require the cards. There must be limits on BIG BROTHER's use of said card. Deny all Federal benifits of any type to any locality that grants santuary of any type, (including requiring their enforcement officers from NOT inquiring about legal residence status); require the cards for any professional licence or drivers licence et al. Stop The anchor baby loophole: right now.

Nope most are very sane and employ logic and history and self interest, (the Country's, our allies' or their own). Each can reach different cornclusions employin' critical thinkin' n' all. Can't say the same observations fer Libs: Rolmops! Neo Cons or Cornservatives usually have positions that can be supported, (not necessasarily agreed with) without smokin' yer stash. JR

OldMercsRule

Captain

Well building the 700 plus miles of fence that was passed in the fall needs to be done first.
Enforce the the laws on the books, go after employers and fine them to the max. No jobs, many will leave.

Hmmmm, put me in jail fer mistakenly hiring someone Seattle or the State of Washington allows to get legal documents eh Eric? Real fair to make me correct all the sins of forty years of Ted Kennedy eh? WRONG!!

No sanctuary cities. Pull federal funding if they are.
The ones that are contacted by LEO for any reason, Deport them. Hold them in tent cities like the sheriff in NM has his jail.
Here in Nebraska, after the raid on the meat packing industry, applications from LEGAL Americans poured in. So folks will do the work, but the employer wants cheap labor.
Liberalism is the disease that is destroying the country. To much feel good, can't hurt feelings BS. If families are separated, so sorry, that's the chance they took by breaking OUR laws. What about the families that are separated by a drug dealer or killer going to jail? They all broke the LAW.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Yeppers, to jail you go. If you have no positive proof they are LEGAL, then off you go. Why take the chance?

Oh, I see real fair of you: Eric! So Cops here in this Liberal Area That I Operate My Lawfull Business In Cannot even ask immigration status of anyone IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, all licenses of any type are available to any illegal: by the force of WASHINGTON STATE LAW without ANY questions of legal statis BY LAW.

These arse h*** rob from my pocket book the massive taxes to pay the local Cops and other Beaurocrats' salaries who are not able in fact prohibited to enforce imagration laws. Just how do you suggest I spend my precious resources to prove their immagration status: ERIC? Have ya thought about the cornsequences of throwin' ALL of the law abiding business in jail 'cause yer forcin' them to enforce an impossible set of laws we are not equiped to enforce in many of the Liberal Cities n' States in America today?

I guess you don't mind all businesses shutting down here in Seattle and other Liberal places with all the business owners in jail eh, Eric? I guess you need a massive tax increase to build the prisons to hold all of us previously law abiding business people you want to break us with your insane wish to force us to correct all the immigration ills of the last 40 years?

I guess I should hope you go to jail for breathing eh? Do you have a mental disorder: my friend? Has illegal immagration caused ya to loose yer normally rational thought process? :D:D JR ps I guess "illegal immigration rage" causes Cornservatives to have mental lapses large enough to hold the Grand Canyon, maybe I should stop makin' fun of Rolmops posing the question I like to pose about Liberals.