EVINRUDE 25 Identification & UK Spares

boxie uk

Recruit
Hi, just bought a Fantasy20 river boat in need of a makeover.
Included in the sale was a Evinrude 25hp, it has stamped on it BE25ELCUA.
How can I find out the year of manufacturer?
Also the housing that the Starter motor is attached to is fractured, the muppett who had it before me couldn't get it running so resorted to the - if it doesn't work hit it with a hammer. Sounds funny but am having trouble tracking down spare parts over here in the UK.
Found a working engine just like mine on ebay for sale in germany, so there must be others out there.
Does any one recognise the BE25ELCUA??
Where can I get spares?
Any help much appreciated..

boxie uk

Recruit
Re: EVINRUDE 25 Identification & UK Spares

Many thanks for that quick response. I Printed the model codes, just what I was after. I thought it was an older engine as the boat was built in 1974! so am pleased it is a 1987 engine.
Fuel ratio printed on the engine cover is 100/1, where did you get the 50/1 from? Which is correct.

Can anyone recommend any good websites for spares? overseas ones are fine.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Evinrude produced some engines in the 80's and specified 100:1 fuel/oil ratio. That was later rescinded by Evinrude via service bulletin because 100:1 wasn't leaving enough residual oil on the engine parts to prevent corrosion.

boxie uk

Recruit

thanks for the info, much appreciated, I'll use 50:1 mix if I ever get it started.

Any recommendations for sites for Evinrude spares, can't find a dealer near in the UK.