Hi MFG crew!

pduquette

Ensign
Hi Mark ,Ken and all !
I've been ruffin' it for a while but finaly starting to catch up. I finaly got my '61 Oxford wet last August . Thankfully it was only the keel that stayed wet !!! ive been upgradeing and fine tuneing with an occasional setback . So
far I got the boat up to 25 mph .

Attachments

• 07-30-06_0654.jpg
    07-30-06_0654.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0

Rocky4052

Seaman
Re: Hi MFG crew!

Boat looks good! What's the motor? I also notice that you are just up the road from me---I'm in New Bedford. Dan

pduquette

Ensign

Thanks Dan !
I got a '63 Johnson Super-Seahorse (40hp). The picture is one of my better ones . I've been working stripping the dash and fore deck to prep for my windshield . I just got a basic wireing diagram for my dash from this site so i can begin that too ....
I've been looking to see where everyone is from too . There are a lot of Mfg's arround here .We need to gain some interest for a local group .Do you take your boat out for Stripers? My big goal for next year is to get out to Bird Island Light after I get her more reliable .
smooth sailing!
Peter

Rocky4052

Seaman

Actually, I'm a brand new boater this year. Just picked up my boat from a friend, swapped a garden tiller for it. Have not been in the water with it yet. I'ts still work in process. See attached:

DSC00830.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

71mfg

Cadet

Looks just like my boat, I have a 71' MFG Niagra.
Charlie

Rocky4052

Seaman

Welcome to the site! Are you new to boating also? This is a great site for finding info. Many knowledgable people here.

As you can see, mine is a work in progress boat. Right now, I have a minor ? setback. Just starting physical therapy to get my left hand working again after surgery to repair a broken wrist.

You wouldn't be from around here [S.E. MA.] would you? Would like to meet people in this area.

Post a pic of your boat! We all like to look @ pics. Dan

71mfg

Cadet

I'm from the Eastern Shore of Md. I'm a marine fabricator and been working on boats for a long time. My OB has been driving me nuts lately, I'll try to post some pics. I had to do a double take when I seen your boat, my horn is on the port side and I have a johnson but other than that it's the same. Good luck with that wrist.
Charlie

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hi Peter!

Great to see another MFG owner on the forums. These old MFG boats are worth keeping up. Seems that the hulls are all strong (how else did they last so long?) and just need the usual repairs that old boats need.

Have had my Niagara up and running for three seasons now, and we always enjoy taking it out.

Enjoy!

Mark.