How can you do this every day?

11 footer

Lieutenant
I gotta give you guys who have desk jobs credit. I'm spending this sunday sitting in a office taking phone calls for people who want us to feed them,,, mostley newyears people.<br /><br />I'll tell ya, I'm, bord to tears :( I have to be here untill 4:00 tonight. <br /><br />Only cool part is I can catch up on all the boating forums on this peppy little Dell :cool: <br /><br />I don't know how you guys do this stuff for a living. :eek:

11 footer

Lieutenant
Re: How can you do this every day?

Oh, ****!<br /><br />I really missed up the title of this thread, well....you know what I ment.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Ryan, You can edit your title. Go to 'edit' on your original message and the title line will come up. Change it as you wish.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Know how ya feel Ryan... Some days I'm behind the desk pushing pencils and waiting for the phone to ring too, thinking "I wanna be out in the world gettin dirty, not in the office"... Thats how it goes...<br /><br />Heck, I don't even have a puter in my office... :eek: :(

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Careful what ya wish for. The weather's a lot nicer in there then it is out here.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes Ryan, it is not what it's cracked up to be.<br /><br />I spend almost 18 hours a day in front of this thing, but it's part of my business so it's something I have to live with.<br /><br />Like Hooty said, better in here right now than outside in the cold wind.

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

Yes Ryan, I spend some time in office and some time out patroling. They both have their benefits. I wouldn't want to be STUCK in either setting. The older I get, if I had to be STUCK, I guess there would come a day when I'd rather be STUCK indoors, than STUCK outdoors, in my 50's or 60's, still chasing young criminals around on foot, or working a big Crime Scene, or Accident in the pouring down rain, just above Freezing Temperatures. <br /><br />So think it all through, outdoor workers also sometimes either have to tuff it out, or get sent home without pay, to return on a nice Saturday to fill in for that rain out day. Also that fill in Saturday (will probably be the loss of a NICE BOATING SATURDAY) that your wife who works indoors, is ticked off because she has the day off, and you don't, and she has to stay at home with the kids griping about wishing they were boating! The wife will probably handle all the griping, and will gladly pass on some of the frustration to you, when you get home from your long day of filling in on that beautiful boating Saturday. <br /><br />Think about all the angles, they usually have a lot more sides than you think! ;)

11 footer

Lieutenant

Holly chit, spinner!!!!!!<br /><br />18hours a day~!!!!!!!! :eek: I'd go crazy sitting on a computer that much.<br /><br />They both have their down sides, eather way you look at it.

BassMan283

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK, I'll bite. What are "newyears people"?

11 footer

Lieutenant

People who call to make resverations for newyears eve

sloopy

Commander

His parents run a catering business, how did thanksgiving go?

ZmOz

Captain

How do I do it? I look out the window to see the shiny red boat it bought me...then I call the bank and listen to all the numbers. :D I do hate every second of it though... ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

It kills me also. I used to frame houses for a living, and I did a stint in the Marines. I love being outside, but on days like today (it's f'in cold out), it's kinda nice being inside. I guess in someways lookin at this screen is better than blasting your thumb with a 28 oz. hammer when it's 20 degrees outside. Plus, I talk with boaters most of the day, here and on the phone, so it helps take the edge off.

NOSLEEP

Commander

I too have time to pass at my desk every working<br />day, and It helps to pass through the slow times<br />of the day, and get a little info and a laugh or<br />two.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> I think sometimes I may be getting to old to play outside all day. buit when I get to water test or just watch my customers come in with a load of tuna or striper or flyin the marlin flags I think man how lucky can I get. doing something so easy and getting paid so well :) :) I think back to the time I spent in an office and say NO way again.<br /> yall have a nice day ya heah

Wingnutt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Actually, I hate it, but seeing how I got my back broke while I was in uncle samy's airplane club and it never healed right, I don't have a choice. I went back to school and after we move out of this area the pay will go a long ways towards making it more bearable.

dyna176

Cadet

sorry to hear that wingnutt. sometimes you get the trauma instead of the toast, i guess. :) i can't compare myself, just can only say, i've been pronounced 'dead' on 2 occasions... <br /><br />i hate being stuck at a desk, talking to totally clueless people for the majority of the day. but its a job, and i'm really thankful to have a job. sometimes i want to quit, but then i see or hear or remember how it really is in the biggest parts of this ole world. i get a twinkle in my eye, and think of just what ole st nick has done for us... tis the season to be jolly, you know :)

11 footer

Lieutenant

I'd rather be inside in the winter time then outside, being inside working .I mean real working, like being a chef, or something that you move around and do stuff, I just can't take sitting on a computer all day or at a desk all say, it would drive my crazy.<br /><br />I use to really think school blew, but this year I started going to a "teck" highschool and I love it. I switch off every week from school to shop, so its only a half year of sitting all the time, I went from hateing school to enjoying it.....because I don't have to stay in one place all the time.

dyna176

Cadet

good - it seems you're working out the details to fit your life, instead of letting it rule your life. i hope you always remember to make plans outside of the mandatory school hours. good luck