Thanks For The Help on Sea Bee

tdglau

Seaman Apprentice
Got it back together and it actually started on the first pull. I am wanting to find some spare parts, for this thing. It is a 1949-50 goodyear see bee 5 hp, with forward and neutral gears only. It is green in color. I am wanting to completly restore it and I would like to replace all of the coils and points and condensors and such. Any ideas of where I could find the parts plus what kind of paint would match the original. Also would like to replace the water pump impellor.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Thanks For The Help on Sea Bee

Actually, the coils on those are pretty bulletproof, unlike the ones in later models. I don't think your coils are readily available. Since it's running, you should be OK. Points, too, are hard to find for those 40s Gales. You can clean them and use emery paper to brighten them up for better contact.

As far as paint goes, you'll probably have to find the best match you can. Auto Touchup paint will probably get you pretty darned close. Sand, use a good primer, then the paint. Decals will be a problem, I'm betting.

Go over to aomci.org, though. Ask the guys there in the Ask a Member forum your questions. Someone may have better information.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Thanks For The Help on Sea Bee

Try www.americanoutboard.com/ for decals.

The bad news is that the water pump impeller is obsolete. The good news is that you can use one for a 5.5hp by reaming the center hole to fit the shaft. It is part number 18-3001 right here at iboats.