196? Sea King Water pump

hybridbomb

Recruit
I just recently purchased a fairly old boat to restore with a 45hp Sea King outboard. The previous owners said the engine runs but needs a new water pump/impeller. The model # is VWB-2794 (5B?). So I guess what im getting at is if anyone knows where i can find the parts i need to repair it. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Brandon

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 196? Sea King Water pump

69 Chrysler built.You may be able to find an impeller right here 18-3084.
You should work with a manual you may find one here or the library among other places.

hybridbomb

Recruit

thank you very much for your quick response! I'll take a look and hopefully ill find what I need.
Thanks again
Brandon

hybridbomb

Recruit

Okay so I ordered the manual and the impeller (the impeller in it already looked pretty good but the gasket was bad), and after replacing it we got it running fairly well considering it had been sitting so long (a tune up is next). The problem we then encountered was it sticking when going into gear and dying. So with the manuals help we took apart the lower unit and when we got to the bearing carrier one of the bearing carrier "ear's" was destroyed and the previous owners had just jimmy-rigged it on there with a washer and bolt. So I was wondering if someone might direct me to where I could find a new carrier. Everything else inside was looking good except gaskets that will be replaced and some new sealant on it.
Thanks in advance,
Brandon