Mercruiser 4.3lx Ignition switch no power

Quint 51

Recruit
Hey! Need help I purchased a very nice Miriah 18' boat. Boat ran fine with water ears on in my driveway. Everything worked perfect. I found a loose connection on a ground strip mounted on the transom. As I was fixing the loose nut I came in contact with the positive terminal on the battery. Nothing big just a small spark. I heard a beeping up at the helm probably the depth finder. I went on about fixing the loose nut and thought everything was ok. Later on I tried to operate the ignition switch it is dead no power in or out. It appears to be fed by a 10 guage wire with a 20 amp fuse. I tested all the fuses I could find all are good. The acc switches are all fine everything works. Everything off the ignition is dead radio guages and depth finder. Needless to say engine won"t crank. I have diagrams but still can"t find why I have no power coming from the battery to the switch. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mercruiser 4.3lx Ignition switch no power

Welcome to iboats......:)
I would look for a big fuse on the red wire at the starter ....
Bypass it & see if that solves it......;)

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mercruiser 4.3lx Ignition switch no power

It would sure help to know the year, but you might look on the starter solenoid, there is a square fuse that looks like the picture below. It probably blew if you have one.

Square%20Merc%20Fuse.png