Decent control for 2 throttle and 2 shift cables

rebuilt

Petty Officer 1st Class
I don't know the right buzz words yet. I know what I want do, have found the cables, C33, but am having a hard time finding a controller that will allow 2 cables for throttle, 2 for shift. I've looked at Teleflex Morse, pricey, but can't tell if there is a way to mount two cables per shift lever. I really would like to find an inexpensive control for a small twin. I want two levers. I'm putting together from scratch a small twin setup. I saw tashasdaddy's CC. I've got something like that in mind. Wanted a CC for years. The floor and ribs are getting replaced, rotten. - I was a carpenter for 12 years. Gonna fab up a small marine ply center console. Might glass it, might just stain and epoxy it. I can put it wherever I want, probably somewhere about 2/3 back from the bow. I will beef up the new floor supports for it. So port or starboard mount makes no difference. The cables aren't that expensive, I plan to use 4. Just need to find an affordable controller that will do what I need. Thanks, KR

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Decent control for 2 throttle and 2 shift cables

sent you info in PM's my console is a the smallest TODD console made, and requires rotary steering, rack will not fit. go to ebay, ebay motors , boat parts, controlls, you may find a binnacle there. also console should be atleast center or forward as you are going to have a lot of weight on the stern. i will post some pics of my current project.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Decent control for 2 throttle and 2 shift cables

this is a 1970 18 foot that had a 115 johnson on it with a side console at the back seat. was a crab boat. i'm going to mount a center console right up against the step up to the bow platform. this way when alone, my weight will help get the boat on plane. will have 90hp johnny, and 18 gallon tank in the stern.

Attachments

• sloven.jpg
    sloven.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
  • MVC-214S.JPG
    MVC-214S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 0