Type of Lube for Sea King 7HP

mrboatman

Recruit
This is a Montgomery Ward Sea King 7 HP Motor:

Anyone know what kind of grease to use in the lower unit? How about oil to gas ratio? I inherited the motor and no manual for it. It has been sitting for many many years. I got it running briefly, but it may need an adjustment. These are the facts:

Manuf. by Clinton Engines Corp. in Iowa

Model K7002107A

Type No. 60 27870R Thanks,

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Type of Lube for Sea King 7HP

K700s were made 1972-75. Gearlube is a light permanent grease, Lubriplate 105. Use chainsaw oil at 24:1 to be safe, but I find that 32:1 is adequate. Points gap is probably .020 and sparkplug gap is probably .030. If gas was left in the carb, it will need to be disassembled and cleaned. I don't know of a source for Clinton parts and I think it's their own carb rather than a Tillotson.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

My manual indicates a quality outboard gear oil. Some Clintons use Tillotson carbs not sure what others are used.Clinton has been out of business for some time.Try this number for parts.563-652-2411.
You may have to leave a message.It is possible Tillotson Carb parts are available at a small engine shop.

klicknative

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I got a 7.5 HP recently and it has a Walbro LMB on it with a Tillitson fuel pump. You can get the carb kit from NAPA or Carquest. I beleve the part number is 742-02020. Discount Marine has pump kits.