Which boat Caravelle or Sea Ray

csharpo

Recruit
Would like some opinions good or bad about a 2002 Caravelle interceptor 212and a 1999 Sea Ray 190 signature.Looking to buy one or the other. Thanks

mfg025

Cadet
Re: Which boat Caravelle or Sea Ray

what i do know is get a survey. i know the boats seem "new" but a lot can happen during a couple of years of improper maint.

good luck.

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Welcome to iboats csharpo! Any more details about the two boats in question would be quite helpful. The interceptor 212 and Sea Ray 190 are quite a bit different in "styles" for bowriders. The Caravelle is more of the go fast boat styling while the Sea Ray is more traditional. What engines are in these? Are you leaning in one direction and why? Again, welcome to iboats.com!

csharpo

Recruit

Welcome to iboats csharpo! Any more details about the two boats in question would be quite helpful. The interceptor 212 and Sea Ray 190 are quite a bit different in "styles" for bowriders. The Caravelle is more of the go fast boat styling while the Sea Ray is more traditional. What engines are in these? Are you leaning in one direction and why? Again, welcome to iboats.com!

They both have a 5.0 mercruiser. The Sea Ray is EFI not sure about the Caravelle. The Sea Ray has about 150 hours and the Caravelle about 90 hours. I haven't road in either both but like the looks of the Caravelle. Buying a boat for my teenage son and me. Thanks

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

If the Caravelle does not have EFI, that would tilt the selection toward the Sea Ray. And, since the Sea Ray is smaller, it would be easier to garage. But I think running the Caravelle Interceptor would be more grins. Both are reasonable choices.

Kelly Cook