Test Tank

samo_ott

Vice Admiral
Does anybody have any plans or photos of a test tank that I can build. I've been using a barrel for my 10's and 18's but now am working on 35's and 40's and they just dont fit in. Any pics or ideas would be greatly appreciated. thx.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Test Tank

I don't have any pictures, but a small cattle watering tank with a plywood lid works well.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

And a dang site cheaper than fabricating one.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Where the heck does someone find a cattle watering tank???

fire831

Petty Officer 1st Class

Usually farm and fleet stores. TSC,Rural King, Big R, Ect.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

build a 3x3X4 ft box, line with a pond liner, and plywood top.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

TD, that sounds more like what I was thinking. How thick plywood to use? 1/2"? Got any photos?

Nullzero

Cadet

rather that starting my own thread I'll just give this one some more attention. I'm in the same situation I was thinking about using one of the rubermaid totes I had to use as a test tank, but I'm not really sure about how sturdy it needs to be. otherwise I could hit the farm supply store and get a feed tank but I already have the tote.

*edit* I should note that I dont believe I'm going to be running it engaged or, engaged very long if I do. I have a cylinder down and I just need to be able to test that its firing. I just want the water for cooling.

iwombat

Captain

You can also use a 55gal sealed plastic drum. Turn sideways and cut a hole in the side. With the covering in the back it won't splash all the water out either.