need help with 7.5

need help

Recruit
i recently aquired a envirude 7.5 and 9.9 motors from a friend. i cehcked both motors and i have spark with the 7.5 but not the 9.9. i not sure of the years of motors or the fuel mixture. the only information i have at this time is the model and serial for the 7.5 still trying to clean the 9.9. any help would be a abundance of help.

model #ESRCSS
serial #E0007829

55'Fleetwin7.5

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: need help with 7.5

When you say that you have spark, I am guessing that you are testing that at the spark plug boot... Many times the ignition coils on these older motors get cracked and go bad... That would be a good first place to look. Be sure to take care removing the flywheel properly. Use a harmonic balace remover (there are some pictures in this forum) it looks a bit like a gear puller but DO NOT use a gear puller. If the coils are bad, replace them and make sure to place them properly so that they are flush with the base. Flywheel nut should be replaced and torqued to (I think) 40 lbs. While you are in there... it would be an excellent time to replace points, condensors and plugs (I think it is a J6J)... After that move on to fuel delivery and carb stuff...

PS.. If these motors have sat for a Looong time, spray a bit of fogging oil into the cylinders when you remove the plugs...