250 yamaha trim tilt

fishegle

Cadet
1994 yamaha saltwater II. Just put on a new electric motor for the hyd motor trim?.and nothing? if I hook up the green to - and the blue to + straight off the battery the unit will go down? as far as the wiring hooked to the motor?nothing the voltmeter gives me 12.62 touching the red to the blue or green and the black to any ground. If I pull either the green or blue off the motor terminals the voltmeter will not register any volts. Pushing the up/down button on the side of the motor does make a sound when depressed either way and a drop in volts to like 12.4 on the blue or green. The other two black wires are hooked up the whole. What am I doing wrong here.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 250 yamaha trim tilt

Not sure I understand all of the info. Operating the motor requires a postive and negative input. Plus 12 volts on the blue and ground on the green should make the trim go in. reversing this connection should make it go out. This is the basic test to eliminate the trim unit as the problem. This leaves you with wiring and the relays to trouble shoot. double check all of your grounds on the circuit.