Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: A severe crisis in Tennessee.......

Oh no...now I bet Haut is typing up a rant on "BIG whiskey" :D :D

As long as they can still make rum in Puerto Rico, I'm safe (OK - hit me QC) :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

EDITED.. (Too danged funny).

We are under severe water restrictions down here in SW Florida also. Lake Okeechobee is lower than ever in recorded history, and they are finding mammoth bones ,human bones and 500 year old indian boats in areas normally under 5+ feet of water.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I prefer Bourbon.......;)

ricksrster

Commander

We are under severe water restrictions down here in SW Florida also. Lake Okeechobee is lower than ever in recorded history, and they are finding mammoth bones ,human bones and 500 year old indian boats in areas normally under 5+ feet of water.

The world is returning to a warmer climate like we used to have. Those remains and artifacts they are finding in the dry lake bed was once dry land and the lake was shallow.
The world goes through climate changes over the years because of sunspots, solar winds diverting cosmic rays that help in the formation of clouds. CO2 levels will also rise because rising CO2 is effect of solar conditions.

JRJ

Commander

Took a look in the pantry, and not a single bottle of Jack. Evaporation happens.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Awwwww. :(

That'll make my older brother, who believes Old #7 is nectar of the Gods, very unhappy.

I am aware of no water shortage in Scotland. :)

Esox

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm glad my girlfriend doesn't let me drink Jack anymore. :eek:

Tyme2fish

Commander

We are under severe water restrictions down here in SW Florida also. Lake Okeechobee is lower than ever in recorded history, and they are finding mammoth bones ,human bones and 500 year old indian boats in areas normally under 5+ feet of water.[/QUOTE]

Just as long as they don't find the bones of my first ex-wife who tried to swim away from the boat with more anchor than she could swim with.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

You mean humans were able to live on the planet when it was warmer? Blasphemy! If we even heat up one degree we will be extinct within a matter of days! The party of PW2 and rolmops told me so!

I guess they had a lot of cars back then that heated things up....

rwise

Captain

na, they were mistakingly feeding the volcanos young virgins:D

Last edited:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

You mean humans were able to live on the planet when it was warmer? Blasphemy! If we even heat up one degree we will be extinct within a matter of days! The party of PW2 and rolmops told me so!

I guess they had a lot of cars back then that heated things up....
Nope.. Not at all due to "global warming" in this case... It actually IS man's fault this time :)
Seriouslly. After a hurricane wiped out the population of Clewiston, the C.O.E. built a 50ft dike all around the bigO in addition to straightening out the Kissimee and Caloosahatchee rivers and diggin channels, and installing a series of locks and flood gates.
The added population and demand for water have drained the lake, quickened by the normal drought.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Awwwww. :(

That'll make my older brother, who believes Old #7 is nectar of the Gods, very unhappy.

I am aware of no water shortage in Scotland. :)

You'r O/K JB, I can confirm that Scotland is as wet as a wet thing from planet wet. :D