98 Evinrude Ficht 115 ECU ??? or not

pipes0000

Seaman Apprentice
98 115 ficht has been sitting for about 2 years and did run breifly ,two weeks ago,out of water.i have no power to coils and no injectors firing,wich tells me that the kill switch or a fail safe sensor of some kind will not let the ecu give power or pulse to the coils or injectors.So i replace all the small stuff,ignition switch,fuses,relays,still nothing.the dealer is booked untill end of the month and my holidays are next week so i willing to try any ideas any test or corky trick in order to get'R'done and get fishing ,,,any ideas???or should i buy a ecu.

thanks Pete:eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::mad:

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 98 Evinrude Ficht 115 ECU ??? or not

could be any number of things, though, I guess if it was running before, it maybe something "silly" but how to find it by just replacing bits will get very expensive, best off to get it to a good dealer to troubleshoot the problem rather than just keep replacing parts one after the other, sure you will fix it eventually but, I have seen this before, and when replacing a simple part, something else is damaged/broken and even afer replacing the original faulty parts, it still does not go, so more bits are "thrown at it"

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

When you first turn the key ON, do you hear the electric fuel pump run for about 5 seconds?

When the motor cranks over, do you see about 200-300 rpm on the tach?

If no to either of these, you may have a bad ECU or a wiring problem to the ECU. IF the tach doesn't read but the pump turns on, you may have a bad crank position sensor.

pipes0000

Seaman Apprentice

the tach does read 200 - 300- rpm and the fuel pump comes on for a bit,,,
i also tested the crank sensor and it puts out 4 volts ac when cranking engine over,,,do you have any other tests i can try. thanks for the help seahorse5 ...peter:)