70hp evinrude tilt and trim problem 92 model

rhewett

Recruit
I purchased this boat knowing that the tilt motor was froze and I am saving to have it replaced. My question is there any way to let the hydrolics down so the boat will go without catching air. It started to work for a while, then quit when I added fluid. I just want the cylinders to retract for now. I already know about the screw to lower the motor, I just need to know how to let them in so I can lower it more.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: 70hp evinrude tilt and trim problem 92 model

Yes, there is. Look on the starboard side engine bracket down low. You will see a recessed slotted screw. Using a large screwdriver that fits the slot tightly, turn it counterclockwise a couple turns and the engine will lower (You may have to push it down). Tighten it back up when you get it where you want it...

Manualrelaeasevalve-1.jpg

rhewett

Recruit

I think I have used that same screw you mentioned. I need to know how to lower the cylinders that are out. There are 2 of them. I cannot get them to budge.

rhewett

Recruit

The area you said has been tried. It will only lower to the 2 cylinders that stick out from the mount. Can I drain the hydro fluid from another point to get the cylinders to retract?