spring missing from neelde valve screw, where to find one?

nathan104

Seaman
I finally figured out one of the reasons I can not get my motor to run consistently. In my bottom carb, the needle screw on top of the carb does not have the spring on it like the top carb does. The lack of tension is allowing the screw to slowly turn.

What is the actual name for this spring and does anyone know where I can get another? Ive gone to all the local auto parts stores and no one had any. No boat places locally. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

MikDee

Banned
Re: spring missing from neelde valve screw, where to find one?

Go to a large hardware store like Ace hardware, or True Value, and browse through the small parts drawers, you should be able to find a close match. It doesn't matter if it's an exact fit, just has to fit without binding, nor does it matter how much tension it has, it just has to keep the screw from moving.

nathan104

Seaman

Thats why this place is great. Point out the obvious and the easiest solution. I should have thought to do that, but here I am thinking I need some super special carb spring. Will have to hit the hardware stores tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!

Nathan

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

If you want the correct one Mercury sells them for $1.51 part number is 24-27160

MikDee

Banned

There you go!

nathan104

Seaman

Thanks a lot for the info. Cant wait until I get this thing to purrrrrr.