Anyone know how to raise the idle Suzuki DF115

GrapeApe

Cadet
It starts great runs great when not idling but when idling in gear it surges and dies often. Rpms are about 500 in gear which I think are too low.

Usually when launch I put it in gear and give some power so it doesn't die but then i'm creating a wake in a no wake zone.

Thanks..

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Re: Anyone know how to raise the idle Suzuki DF115

when was the last time u changed plugs and rebuilt the carbs first?

GrapeApe

Cadet

when was the last time u changed plugs and rebuilt the carbs first?

Well it's a 2004 4 stroke EFI so I have never done anything to it. I will check the plugs tonight.

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer

If its like my DF70 johnson then there should be an adjustment screw for setting the idle with the IAC unplugged, you need to turn the screw so it idles about 500rpm in neutral with the iac unplugged.

JRJ

Commander

First of all, are you giving your engine time to warm up before leaving the dock?

Your idling/trolling speed of 600-650 rpm is controlled by the idle air control (IAC).

The IAC is located on the throttle body under a plug.

If you don't have a service manual for your engine, better let your dealer do the adjustment for you. Good luck.

blared

Cadet

If you have some knowledge you can adjust the carbs but you need the specs for the screws plus the synch and link. If you get a manual you can do it. Also get a carb tuner to make sure you get the right mixture. Spray some carb tune in the throttle.. if it trys to die.. its good. If nothing happens it needs to be a little richer.