Funny Story

imported_Cronus

Recruit
Thinking back about this always brings a smile to my face, so I thought I would share and hopefully bring a smile to someone else:
(Sorry, a bit long)

Last year, My better half and I had been pounding the water for 3 days without getting a fish in the boat. On the 4th day, we had been out there for about 2 hours with no luck and were about to call it quits when all of the sudden, they started biting like crazy.
We were pulling up Northern like crazy for about 2 hours. Left and Right, every other cast, we were killing them. A few times, we both had one on at the same time. It was like someone flipped a switch. First on, and then off, as they quit just as fast as they started.

Later on that day, we were fishing again, and I said:
"Yeah, it sure was strange the way they started and stopped so suddenly. Just for grins, I should check the GPS to see if the 2 hours of fish we had matches up with the "Suggested" best fishing times for the day."

She says "What do you mean?"

I went on to explain to her about the belief that the phase of the moon, time of day, and all that stuff supposedly affects the fish and suggests the good fishing times, and that I can get that info for today from the GPS.

She says "Oh, I had never heard that before."

I said "Yeah... I dont know if it is true or not. They do the same thing for hunting too."

She says "WHAT????"

I said "Yeah, they also have "Ideal" times for that too."

She says "Well, OK, I will take your word for it, but I just cant believe that the phase of the moon has anything to do with having Sex!"

My turn to say "SEX.....WHAT????"

She says "You just told me that the GPS will tell you the phase of the moon and when it is a good time to HUMP."

I damn near fell off the boat laughing as I tried to explain "I said HUNT, not HUMP."

I laughed so hard my stomach hurt the rest of the day. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Funny Story

Funny!! :) :)

But it is not a boat question. I could move it to Freshwater Fishing but I think the folks at Dockside Chat will enjoy it.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Man, you blew your chance. You could've milked that one for a looooong time. "Oh Honey, the moon's in phase again." ;)

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

I'm one of the lucky guys I guess. She'd be checking that GPS herself I believe.... :D