Seloc Yamaha Manual

valencehsift

Seaman
I had a Clymer Force Outboard Manual that left a little to be desired. Anyone have input on the Seloc Manual for Yamaha outboards? I will purchase one through ebay if you guys give me the ok!

Thx and have a great day!

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Seloc Yamaha Manual

If you didn't like the Clymer you won't be very impressed the Seloc either. Always try to locate a OEM manual, The can be purchased through your Yahama dealer or once in awhile on eBay. Nah, stay away from that other junk. My$.02

Big Keepers

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where can I locate a Yamaha factory service manual? I found one site but the price is like $65. I got my evinrude one cheaper than that.

Also does anyone know how Yamaha codes its model numbers? What do some of the common letters designate?

Hopefully soon I'll be enjoying the hell out of my new set up. Old boat, newer motor, much more gooder.

edgutgesell

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The same mistakes that are in the Yamaha factory manual will be in the Sealoc manual. I have both for my 1985 150 but find the pictures in the Sealoc manual considerably better. The text in the factory Yamaha manuals is Janglish, which can be interesting in interpretation. Having both manuals has been a mixed blessing because of the mistakes. (Same specifications, explanations, therefore must be true!!) Just my $.02!!

JUSTINTIME

Captain

Where can I locate a Yamaha factory service manual? I found one site but the price is like $65. I got my evinrude one cheaper than that.

Also does anyone know how Yamaha codes its model numbers? What do some of the common letters designate?

Hopefully soon I'll be enjoying the hell out of my new set up. Old boat, newer motor, much more gooder.

try ebay
what year and HP

sc_shane

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gimmie the year and model and I can probably find one for you for less.

Big Keepers

Petty Officer 1st Class

1987 Yamaha 200 hp. 200ETXH. Actually I was under the impression it was an '89. I guess not.