86 mercrusier 5.7 4bbl carb what type of engine and mount ?

lime4x4

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Pulled the the engine this morning from a 1986 searay 268 weekender.The engine for that year should've been a 2 piece rear main seal correct? This engine uses the single rubber pan oil pan gasket and a 1 piece rear main seal.So i assume this is the newer engine? I forgot to get the engine serial number off the engine which i don't think is going to help cause on that label it says its a CCW rotation engine but when standing in the front of the engine and using the starter it spins clockwise.My second question deals with the self tapping bolts that hold the front engine mounts to the bolt.there stripped out so what is the best way to fix that.The stringers aren't rotten and there solid yet.I was thinking of drilling the hole bigger then epoxy studs in.If that would work what type of epoxy should i use??? i have PC-11 marine epoxy.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: 86 mercrusier 5.7 4bbl carb what type of engine and mount ?

Engine20rotation.png

Drilling the holes oversized and epoxying the holes is a good idea. I wouldn't use studs though. Epoxy the holes, install and align the engine, then drill and reinstall the lag bolts.

lime4x4

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 86 mercrusier 5.7 4bbl carb what type of engine and mount ?

what type of opoxy should i use??