another one to go in the yard, new project

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
bought this for $168.25. boat and trailer, 55 3cyl rude, with the lower unit off, but with it. pick up tomorrow.

Attachments

• sloven.jpg
    sloven.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0

studlymandingo

Commander
Re: another one to go in the yard, new project

You have a serious boat habit!!!

How many do you have now?

168.00 looks like a good deal, does the outboard run?​

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Cool TD, Electric winch and all!
A new project begins....;)

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Alright, you can dismiss the email I sent asking what kind of boat, as I guess I just got the answer.:D:D

Kajun37

Petty Officer 1st Class

thats a nice lil st.johns river runner there!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

WOW nostolgia attack! Looks idendical to a boat I had in '71 but I had a 33 that I repowered with a 50. I had a blast in that boat and mine was 14 or 15 feet.

tashasdaddy

well, it's home, didn't even have to put bearings in it. trailer is worth more than i paid. powerhead has 100-90-100 dry comp test. it's a 1968 TR 10R 55hp johnny. elect shift lower was removed 2 years ago and has been in the weather and appears to be frozen. i do know where a new solenoid is for it, if i get it to free up. the boat could be a lot worse, floor replaced good job, the front deck glass is good but needs some under work. and of course the transom is shot. the rack steering they used the ezglide transom mount that sell for $140. (going to ebay). will post pictures when it cools off outside. Bob this one is almost 18'

tashasdaddy

here's the new pics, what about putting gas tank in rear bench, making a splash well, and when rebuilding transom bring it up high enough for a 20" motor, then i could strip my center console, and make a CC out of this, put my '88 88spl on it. maybe a little over powered, but probably no more than teh 18' Aluminum CC, (having electrolisis problems with the hull)

Attachments

• MVC-176S.JPG
    MVC-176S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MVC-179S.JPG
    MVC-179S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
  • MVC-174S.JPG
    MVC-174S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
  • MVC-175S.JPG
    MVC-175S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 0

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

here's the new pics, what about putting gas tank in rear bench, making a splash well, and when rebuilding transom bring it up high enough for a 20" motor, then i could strip my center console, and make a CC out of this, put my '88 88spl on it. maybe a little over powered, but probably no more than teh 18' Aluminum CC, (having electrolisis problems with the hull)
When you emailed me about checking out a motor near here, I got the impression that you wanted a plug n play motor for the durocraft, until you fix it. And then, when you got this, I figured you were gonna steal the motor, to put on the durocraft until the 35 horse Johnny is fixed, and throw it back on here when you fix the other. This one seems like it takes almost as much work as the other one. Guys, I think the restoration bug has bitten Tdaddy pretty hard this time....:D:D Maybe too hard...;)

tashasdaddy

whoa, Bassboy1, gotta another motor coming for the Duracraft, Shipping., but for $188.25 total purchase and gas to get it, i could not pass this one. the trailer is worth that, the ez guide transom mount is $140 new, and i have 2 people wanting a boat like this. besides, my possible conversion, which i probably won't do. i think it would be too squirrelly with the 88 spl.

tashasdaddy

maybe, i'm not that crazy, just found in the paper work, where this boat was transfered in Jan, 04, and it had a Johnny 115 on it. or the 3rd owner back is as crazy as me.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Looks like that would be a good fishing boat when your done with it :D. I hope you'll post pics. Good Luck !

tashasdaddy

motor off, going to be parted out. transom out, between rain storms. some grinding left. the chainsaw came in great, chew all the stuff i could not get to. riobi 18 volt. you can here when it hits the glass.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Looking forward to seeing progress photos. Looks like a great project.

tashasdaddy

sold the motor and lower, got back 1/2 my money.