First Post Yamaha buzzer

reeled wicked

Recruit
Well here goes I have searched for an hour or so on this topic, with out much luck. My 88 yamaha 200 buzzer goes off, but all three arrows on the multifunction gauge flash I thought at first it was an overheat problem, and repaced all cooling compenents including cleaning of water jackets and new head gaskets, water pump, thermostats, and poppet all yamaha parts and again all three arrows light up (blink) let the boat sit a while and goes away. Am I focusing on the wrong Idea. Meaning oil related instead of overheating.
I just bought the boat, and this motor had a bad powerhead, I replaced with a used one and (This may sound dumb.) Have had problems with the precision blend system, so until I have enough money I have been just adding oil into the tank on top of the motor, (very short trips on jordan lake here in North Carolina.) as to not run out of oil. If anyone could help me with what these three blinking arrows mean (All three blinking at one time repeatedly with audible alarm.) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Ron Sergeant, Clayton Nc.

sc_shane

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: First Post Yamaha buzzer

I'm definitly not a mechanic by any means, but is there any oil in the oil injection tank? To me, this sounds like the sensor is sending a signal that there's no oil in the tank, and wants to shut down. Just a guess. Maybe you can bypass that tank level sensor? or cap off the oil intake but leave the tank full of oil? Just a thought...

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's sorta right....the sensor in the engine's tank say's"I'm gettin oil" while the remote tank says that that's impossible, cause 'I don't have any to send", you've just confused the system is all, the three flasher's are designed to tell you this....there is no problem with warning sysem indicated....why did you skip remote tank, not pumping? There is a filter on bottom of tank(very small), common problem for no pumping....

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

You need to trouble shoot and repair the problem to stop the lgihts flashng.
The tank not transfering the oil to the engine mounted tank is normally caused by a wiring problem or a clogged filter in the boat mounted tank. There have been many posts detailing the trouble shooting process. Use the search function to find and follow them.

sc_shane

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I figured I was on the right track. Best of luck to ya. The guys on these forums are awesome! Return here if you have any more questions - the only dumb question is the one not asked!

JUSTINTIME

Captain

shoot me an PM, i have the dealers training trouble shooting guide

waterbill

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had a similar problem with my multifunction gage showing all three levels of oil flashing at the same time. Turned out that the one lead which goes to ground from the in-tank oil level sender had a bad ground. Try disconnecting the ground and cleaning it up and reconnecting it. That took care of my simultaneous flashing oil level indications; However, the overheating problem turned out to be a bad head gasket.