Farmington, CT ??? INFO

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Fellow iboater's I could use a touch of assistance. My son, his wife and my grandson are having to move to Farmington, CT for his job. I am not thrilled with it but it is a good career move and it has to happen.

Any iboats folks near there?

Any advice on housing?

Any specific places to avoid?

Thanks,
Bob

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Farmington, CT ??? INFO

Spent 6 months in that area a few years back. Seems there were a few inland lakes in the local vicinity. Then theres always the CT river, I hear that leads to a huge pond.:D:D

As for housing it was well over "pricey" when I was there, and the taxes :eek: OMG!!:eek: I have heard the market has cooled since then but it's still a costly place to live.

tommays

Admiral

I have lived in Deleware,Texas,South Carolina,Tennessee and my last stop New York

These transfers cost my parents big time as the cost of owning houseing allways went up as they went north and there stays were to short to make much profit

I cant believe any pay raise could makeup for the increased cost of houseing/property taxes

Tommays

Major Woods

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have lived in CT for 40+ years.

Farmington is a nice town, expensive to live in though. Taxes are high along with the fuel prices.

OK fresh water fishing and very good saltwater game.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I have lived in Delaware,Texas,South Carolina,Tennessee and my last stop New York

These transfers cost my parents big time as the cost of owning housing always went up as they went north and there stays were to short to make much profit

I cant believe any pay raise could makeup for the increased cost of housing/property taxes
Tommays

I have friends moving from here (Upstate SC) to some where around Mansfield MA. Here a 5 year old 2700 Sq.ft home in a lake front subdivision, around $320K. There 2200 Sq.ft home (new) $497K, and no lake in sight. Plus the taxes are OVER double on the new place. :eek::eek: Have to be a heck of a pay increase to comp that.