need help

playin around

Recruit
i need help fellers. i just bought a boat for 250 bucks it has a lark 35 hp engeine electric start electric choke. the only numbers i could find on the motor are 204388 dont kno if that is the serial number for the engine or something else it is rated for 4000-4500 rpms i wouder if u could help me figure the year of the motor best place for parts,manuals, etc. i hooked a battery up and cant even get a click out of the starter the electric box looks a little dirty so i am going to try to clean it any hjelp on this engine would be greatly appreciated thanks
playin around:)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: need help

look under the the front of the engine, for a plate, should have model #. if not there, look on the top rear of the block for a round disc the size of a quarter. should have the numbers on it. then we can find what you have. and help you get it running.

playin around

Recruit

ty very much i am sorry obut the double post thank you i will look for those numbers and posr them soon i will also get the pics of the boat by the way does any one know what year they stopped making the lark 35 thanx

CATransplant

Admiral

The last year for the 35hp Lark was 1959. In 1960, the engine became a 40hp engine.

fireman57

Captain

CATranplant!! Good to have you back. He is one of the best on these engines.

larky

Petty Officer 1st Class

'playin around' I own a 59 35hp. had it out yesterday and caught a few perch and a small salmon. Everytime i take her out it impresses me how well she runs, especially for its age. The best part is when your at the dock and the guy next to you has a newer motor and he is cranking it over and over agian, and the old lark just needs a quick bump of the key and she purrin like a kitten. Take good care of her and she will run for many more years to come