Gas Tank

Tug

Cadet
1967 StarCraft Holiday, i have a Tempo 12 gallon Polythylene fuel tank that is located under my boats closed bow. Refueling is difficult. I want to install a Perko combination gas fill and tank vent near the front of the boat and run a gas fill hose to my Perko 12 gallon tank.Question is ...is there a replacement fuel tank cap..( adapter ) that will allow me to connect the fuel line hose to my Tempo 12 gallon tank.Has anyone heard of this being done???

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Gas Tank

google tempo tanks, i believe you will have to change tanks. you also want the filler, so that any spilled gas does not run into the boat.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I know its more expensive, but it will be easier in the long run to install a new permenant tank that has the right size fill and vent. They also come with fuel floats so you can add a gas gauge to the dash. And they can be bolted in place with hardware kits.

Modifying your existing tank my not pass Coast Guard regs. If that could be a problem for you, it may be worth the expense to upgrade the tank.

Tug

Cadet

Thanks for the information..probably wiser to install an below deck tank..now to see what kind of room there is below the deck to play with. Thanks again.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Tug, if you take the link in my signature to my MFG project, you will find where I added a 14 gallon permanent tank under the bow. It might give you a good idea of what is involved with fill, vent and gas lines.