Look who followed me home from the bar...

ZmOz

Captain
I was looking for something a little bigger at the pound, but this little guy just latched onto me. He's only 3 months old and he hasn't once barked, whined, peed, or pooped on the floor. I think some disgusting peice of human trash must have beat him, poor guy ducks every time I go to pet him. :( I've only known him about 8 hours and he won't let me out of his sight. He's a mini dachshund, right now he's smaller than the cat. Kitty already wants to have him for dinner....:D

puppy.jpg

Any ideas for names?

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
Re: Look who followed me home from the bar...

Be kind to him Z and in time he will learn to trust you.
Name: ears

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Call him Dach (Doc).

Turin

Petty Officer 1st Class

He is SSSSSSSOOOOOOO sweet, callhim DR. Ed. He looks funny, and sweet

ZmOz

Captain

I think this guy is sneaking red bull when I'm not looking. He was tired for about an hour, but it's 2AM and he's still running laps. I had a stuffed animal when I was really little the same size, shape and color as this guy. It's kind of creepy seeing him run around. :eek:

I can't believe somebody would hit this dog, I can't even yell at him when he poops on the floor. :mad:

Marc III

Petty Officer 2nd Class

He's a pretty boy, nice shiney coat too. My wife bought one just like him at the flea market 4-5 years ago. I know she paid over $200 for him. He tolerates her and the kids, he adores me. We named him "Biscuit" after a dog in a book the kids had. He gives our Lab heck although she could likely eat him in a few bites. Little dogs ususally have a Napoleon complex.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

My min pins were both adopted. Bambi was abused by her previous "masters", and to this day, bolts when I pick up the remote. But she has come-around in all other ways, except she wants to bite all strangers.She doesn't chase-after anybody, but get near me or Carol, and she goes "off the chain".
He is a kewl little dawg,Oz.

Name:Fang
Because he will become very protective of the guy who rescued him from hell.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Thats an absolutely georgous pup you have there Zm, the more affection he recieves the more unconditional love he will give you.
I wish a lot more folks think of adopting their pets as you did, rather than buying them from the puppy mills supplied pet stores.
Good for you ZmOz, and best of luck with your new family member. :)

heycods

Captain

Sure makes me miss my Miss. Annie Bumbler! Was my bussom companion for 14 years, Died of cancer about a month ago.
IMG00009-6.jpg

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Beautiful dog, truly beautiful and yes it annoys the heck out of me when I find animals badly treated :mad:

He'll be so grateful that you rescued him, so look after him good!

Names:

Vasco
Columbus
Amerigo
Zeph (short for Zephyryus God of Wind :D )
Io (protector of the home)
Ghandi

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Sounds like he needs a name to boost his self-esteem. Call him Duke or Spike.

aspeck

Staff member

Bruiser or Buster sounds like a good name for that beast! HA! Sure is a cutie.

My Fire Chief has 2 of them -- they were for the wife, but they growl at her everytime she gets near him! They sure are protective of the one THEY claim!

Marc III

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How about "Oscar"? Like in Oscar Meyer weiner.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Man, that is one cute dog. How about "Spin" if he likes to run in circles? Congrats!

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

That will probably be the meanest little s*** you will ever meet. Mini dachshunds are like that. Mine is downright violent. Thinks the doorbell means fresh meat, and thinks a sleeping 90 pound black lab makes a great chew toy. She has stitches in here back right now from the time she attacked our larger dachshund.
Ours was found under a bridge, and was there for 2 weeks before they could finally get her. She had been dropped off, and refused to be caught. Finally they caught her, and didn't have a way to keep another dog, so we got my sister the "cute little puppy" she always wanted. More like cute little pile of rabies.

BTW, the cat better watch out. That is the only dog I have ever seen win in a fight with a cat.