More EBAY OMC Deals

Lyndy

Chief Petty Officer
As some of you know, I am always cruising EBAY for present and future needs for my 1975 OMC Drive. As I find exceptional deals I share them here. Below is a doozy with starting bid at $799.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OMC-...tegoryZ26456QQihZ003QQitemZ130117646550QQrdZ1

47953501_tp.jpg

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: More EBAY OMC Deals

Hmmm..."some assembly required"...

lilsinker

Cadet

I also have a '75 stringer w/ a 351. I have to wonder, "it was in good working condition when he took it apart." Why then did he take it apart as much as he did?:confused:

Lyndy

Chief Petty Officer

Not sure if was working all that well. There is another picture in his auction that shows the Housing that the Impeller Housing mounts to. It is pretty corroded. The problem is that housing also has the lower and upper Drive Shaft in it and the only thing protecting the splines is grease. If water got into that housing, which looks like it might have, the splines would be fused. So if he tried to change the Impeller he would not have been able to and would have had to disasemble almost the entire Upper Case to get to the shafts. By the way, I am familiar with this problem because I am experiencing the same this right now. I have mentioned this in a previous thread. If he gets what he wants for it then more power to him. I just doubt that it was working just fine.

lilsinker

Cadet

I just went through the same thing. The pump shaft stripped then sheared off into the upper shaft. I replaced both shafts, all seals, bearings, pump, pump housing, ball gears. All for around 400 bones. Much cheaper to go through Timken directly for the bearings! Another 30.00 worth of oil and I'll be getting it wet next week!:D