More trim/tilt questions.

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer
I am a little confused. Are we supposed to have two different buttons for trimming and tilting?
I only have one switch on the throttle for up and down. I do not know if this is a "limited" switch or a full blown tilt switch. I read in a volvo penta manual that you trim to about 3/4 up for "beach mode" yet from others posts here I will be ruining my drive???
My drive in the full up position raises the motor to where the very bottom of the drive (skeg) is even to the bottom of my boat. Is that fully up?
Is it only running in a "limited" trim mode?
Thanks in advance.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: More trim/tilt questions.

I am a little confused. Are we supposed to have two different buttons for trimming and tilting?
Dual switches are not used on all applications
I only have one switch on the throttle for up and down. I do not know if this is a "limited" switch or a full blown tilt switch.
In your case the single switch serves both purposes
I read in a volvo penta manual that you trim to about 3/4 up for "beach mode" yet from others posts here I will be ruining my drive???
Just don't run the engine above idle or for extended periods
My drive in the full up position raises the motor to where the very bottom of the drive (skeg) is even to the bottom of my boat. Is that fully up?
Yup it's up

Thanks in advance. Not a problem