water in oil 3.0 volov

wgcoyote

Cadet
i got a 2000 sea swirl has 3.0 volvo has water in oil head check good block look;s good why eles will water get in?

wgcoyote

Cadet
milky oil 3.0 volvo

milky oil 3.0 volvo

i have gotton a 2000 sea swirl at a good deal i new it ran hot i pull the head took to the shop it check good block look's good maybe head gasket not sure why eles would it get water in oil i may put the eng head back on hop for the best

Coors

Captain
Re: water in oil 3.0 volov

Cracked block? bad manifolds? search those in here.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How much water? If the level is a lot higher on the dipstick, then it's probably a cracked block INSIDE the engine where you can't see it.
You can block off the water hose to the manifold and the intake hose and pressure check the block and head and head gasket, before taking it apart. If it pressure checks ok, then it's not the block. Look at the manifold. But if it's a lot of water, I would suspect an internal crack.

wgcoyote

Cadet

How much water? If the level is a lot higher on the dipstick, then it's probably a cracked block INSIDE the engine where you can't see it.
You can block off the water hose to the manifold and the intake hose and pressure check the block and head and head gasket, before taking it apart. If it pressure checks ok, then it's not the block. Look at the manifold. But if it's a lot of water, I would suspect an internal crack.

iwill have the manifold pressure check i have not got the head back thank you