3hp Seaking Carb

Dr. Oldmotor

Recruit
I am looking for a carb, for an old Sea King 3hp, Model74GG9000,Serial 153831 for a restoration. Should you know what carb was on this little bear please advise.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: 3hp Seaking Carb

Besides saying that it's a 1947, I have nothing else to offer. Try the guys at aomci.org.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

These motors were built by the Gale devision of OMC and they used their own carb.An effective but some what oddball carb.I believe these carbs were very similar over the complete production run.No doubt they can help at aomci.You also may find parts and parts motors on eBay.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Is your carb missing or what? Those things are so simple it is almost outrageous. Unless it is all corroded up, it should be fixable. I like the Gale 3, have one on my boat as a spare.

Dr. Oldmotor

Recruit

Gentlemen,

Thank you for taking your time to reply to my question. The fellow that has the motor is bringing it over to the shop this weekend. If the body of carb and internal components are still there we are off and running. He stated that he had removed the carb some time ago. It may not be there as you know things happen to parts removed and not returned to their mounts. Thanks again.
My father was a Martin and Scott dealer right after WW II. When they failed we became Evinrude dealers, then Mercury. I presently restore Martins and Scotts with an occasional newer model thrown in.