Can these wires be replaced?

f_inscreenname

Commander
Looking over I noticed a crack in one of the wires coming from the unit. Can they be replaced or are they "connected inside" and I would be better off shortening the wire?
62mj9.jpg

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Can these wires be replaced?

No....They cannot be remove from the box and replaced. However if you don't need all the length you can shorten the wires if that will eliminate the faulty section.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

I agree, just cut out the bad section. Just make sure you keep the splice sealed to prevent corrosion.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Yeah, it's pretty rare to have a wire that can't be spliced as long as it is done properly.

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Is it a crack in the insulation? If so, try liquid electrical tape. Menards, etc has the stuff. They also have a silicone cold fusion tape.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Ya I thought about dipping the wires in that can of stuff you use to put rubber on the handle of you tools. I guess as long as it is covered they should be fine.

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ya I thought about dipping the wires in that can of stuff you use to put rubber on the handle of you tools. I guess as long as it is covered they should be fine.

The same stuff, but in a thiner form for better sealing is found in the electrical department. Several coats will do the job.