Sell it or part it out?

TAC_Double

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Have a 1970 60hp Triumph. I was planning on putting this on my pontoon, but I don't trust the electric shift models. So, I am thinking about selling it. It has excellent compression on all 3 cylinders, shifts but it just does not start.

Not getting any spark. So would I be better off selling it on Ebay or parting it out?

Mike722

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Sell it or part it out?

I just sold my Mariner on Ebay "as is". Top clylinder had problems. I looked at parting out as well because alot of parts were newer. I decided not to because I don't want to mess with more than one buyer.

You might search your motor setup on ebay and get a feel for what is out there as parts and complete units.

Someone else may know more about the market place for your specific setup.

Mike

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Don't trust electric shift models? Better throw it away. Throw it my way while you are at it.

jdt

Seaman Apprentice

I think my 1968 evinrude 55hp has electric shift. I had to use the special lower unit lube. Why don't you trust it? :confused:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Frank, i've already sent him a PM. 1st dibbs. i'll be out of touch till Friday.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

I agree with him. I dont trust the electric shifts either. It's only a matter of time till you need big $$$ to fix or replace it.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

1968 65-85hp Standard shift clutch dog $101.75
1968 65-85hp Standard shift forward gear $304.56
Are they cheap?
It is rare to see a worn out clutch dog and forward gear in a Hydro Electric. Not impossible, but rare. Biggest problem: neglect. OK, and the outrageous prices for shift switches, if you can find one.

TAC_Double

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It's listed on Ebay if anyone is really interested. It is also for sale locally.

Thanks everyone.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Is that the one in Ohio? Too far away for me.

TAC_Double

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That would be the one. I am hoping to find a local buyer. Frieght on that would be a pain.