Hard Starting Suzuki

GARY NOLAN

Recruit
1991 SUZUKI DT30C STARTS RIGHT UP WHEN COLD .WHEN WARMED UP IT WILL START SPUTTER AND STALL YOU HAVE TO PULL THE CHOKE TO START IT.IT HAS DONE THIS SINCE DEALER INSTALLED 3 NEW CARB KITS LAST YEAR. ALSO IDLES TO FAST TO TROLL WITH ,ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS :rolleyes:

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Hard Starting Suzuki

You would need to make sure there is no air leak in the fuel lines and connections, also check your fuel pump diaphram ....... can't you adjust the idling on the fasta nd slow idling swith on the front of the cowling? ....

GARY NOLAN

Recruit

deejaycee, There is no idle adj on cowling however I did get the idle down with the carb jets adjustment. All fuel lines are good and fittings are tight. Am I right in assuming I need a mechanic to check the fuel pump diaphram .thanks Gary

JUSTINTIME

Captain

pulling the choke when warm means u are running lean

deejaycee_2000

Captain

no you don't need a mech to check that, but first try adjusting the carbs .... turn fuel/air mix screws inwards to soft stop, then outwards 1 & 1/2 turns and then check it from there .....

GARY NOLAN

Recruit

:Ddeejaycee; Thanks a bunch took the boat out yesterday adjusted the screws as you suggested and it is running perfect. Idles trolls and starts without the choke when it is hot Have a great day Gary