HELP! '86 Force 125 | misfiring and bogs down at speed

timmyec

Recruit
I just bought a 1986 capri bayliner a couple of weeks ago, and it came with a force 125.

I think i might have damaged the engine, cause it does not run very well now.

the basic symptom is that it bogs down at high speed, we can plane out on the boat at about 2500 rpm, then when she flattens out she bogs down, and chokes up.

It was running fine, but this sequence of events seem to blow it out. was working through the gears, going at 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 rpms, then went in reverse for a little while. then i ran it, and it was going ok , but it started bogging down. we got fresh gas, and put in 50:1 mix of tw-3 oil. and the problem persisted.

today we ran it agian after replacing the spark plugs, and it seemed to be running on one cylinder still. I ran it for a while, trying to get up to plane, and it would go up, then run a little, then bog down again.

A couple of things with it are that i had run a lean tank of gas w/ opti-2 e-GD+, prior to this problem, then trolled for quite a while, then the problem showed up.

I don't want to spend a lot of time and money replacing things that aren't the problem. does anyone know what would cause this combustion issue?

thanks,
tim

siemprefoundation@yahoo.com