Classic 50 Help!!!!!!!!!!1

redjmp

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Classic 50 Help!!!!!!!!!!1

You should be able to spin it around by hand albeit slowly as the compression should be working against you.
Does the motor start and run?
If you are worried get yourself a compression tester.
I have and old 50 that has a pull start and it spins fairly easily.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Before doing a compression test, pull the plugs and look in each hole with a pen light. Rotate the engine and check the piston for holes. Bet you find one (or more). If so, don't bother with the compression check because you have none. Rebuild time.

This Is The Deal It Runs Great But Some Times At Wot It Bogs Down To About 1/2 Speed And It Stays That Way Till I Bring The Lever To N , Then It Dies And Wont Start But After A Few Min Of Cranking And Givin It Gas It Starts Back Up And Runs Fine Ive Replaced The Plugs Wires Switch Box Rebuild Carbs And Pump And Decarbed It Didnt Fix It At All .................i Set My Timming Today To 4 And 26 For Full Timing It Was Set To 30 Before

redjmp

Chief Petty Officer

Does it have a strong telltale at WOT?
Does pumping the ball help when it loses power?
The only things left are the trigger and the ignition coils.
Take a meter with you and test the coils and trigger next time it dies.
Sometimes heat makes them intermittent.

I pumpED the ball IT DIDNT HELP/ IT SEEMS LIKE FUEL PROB BUT THIS HAPPED TO ME BE 4 I REPLACED ALL THE PARTS ..... COULD THE PLUGS BE FOULING?

redjmp

Chief Petty Officer

You can check the plugs and find out if they are fouling. If they are then you are losing ignition. Check all the coils.
Does it have a good telltale at WOT?

It Has A Good Turkey Tail And Its Never Been Faster Its The Darn Bogin Out My Plug Spark Is Nice And Blue On All Coils