thrust hub

jpbrown3

Cadet
is it common for the thrust hub not to come out of the prop hub when taking off propeller?

i am looking in the manual and its telling me to put the thrust hub back into propeller hub when putting on the prop.....

im looking a the prop where the hub is and its jammed in there.....i think that is what im looking at....

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: thrust hub

It happens, but they rarely stick hard. There are a lot of configurations. They can differ between motor brands and prop brands. Wutcha got?

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,........

And Some props have the Thrust Hub Built right Into the Prop.........

jpbrown3

Cadet

i have a mercruiser prop for an alpha one

im looking at it right now and it looks like it is impossible to take that out? hopefully this is the one that they are built in because i painted it while it was on.....

pic is attached....

Attachments

• prop_thrusthub.jpg
    prop_thrusthub.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 0

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

That looks like what we used for 10's of years before the new plastic hubs a lot of folks use nowadays in their props.....rubber slip hub that is pressed in and no, it stays with the prop when you take her off....need a press to get it out.....and no reason to.

Mark

kp913

Seaman

Right, that is not the thrust hub (washer) that is just the bottom of the rubber hub. The thrust washer for that may still be on the shaft of the lower unit.

propellerforumdotcom