Sad news just to hand...

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Some of you may remember a friend of mine who was a member here, getreel. I have just found out that his father has today passed away on a cruise ship somewhere off Alaska.

I will, on behalf of all the member of iBoats, extend deepest sympathy to him and his family.

Chris.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sad news just to hand...

Me too. Let him know we miss him over here.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There are worse places to meet your maker, but I guess there is no good place.

My sympathies. :(

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Sad to hear,:( thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

'Please do, and thank you. Of all the ways to go out and meet the maker, that doesn't sound half-bad. Not making light of it, but I wouldn't mind going that way as much as a heat stroke at werk.
I hope he felt no pain and went with the vision of a pristine glacier calving.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I recall many a dockside chat with Get Reel. I look forward to many more. May his sorrow be tempered by his father's peaceful passing under pleasant circumstances. I recall my own father's passing under less desirable circumstances, but he was surrounded by loved ones and I hope my hand in his helped ease his passing. I know his will be among the first faces I see when it's my turn to make that journey to the other side. I look forward to his guidance as we explore the cosmos for a good long time. Right now he's making that journey with his father and taking notes of what he wants to show me. :)

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Please pass on my deepest sympathies to getreel.